Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's my birthday and I can laugh if I want to!!

    Trisha & Fina- yeeha!!



Shannon the "supa star" of the bunch!



                                                                            Sista's-oh what beauts!!







                                                                                                                           The three muskateers!


                             Captain, O Captain!!




                                                                                                                 


 First and foremost!






                                                                                         You've been whitewashed

                                                                                                                               


                                      We are ready for fun!




/>





Ok all. I don't normally go around and broadcast my birthday. (Well, only to my family that is!!!). But I have, no I MUST share the most awesome, crazy, fantastic, hysterical, pee my pants fun I just shared with 7 of my favorite people in the whole world!!! Here is it in a nutshell, and then the pics will tell the rest of the story!

A couple of months ago, I was wondering, "What would be a fun thing to do for my birthday, coming up in a couple of months"? I mean, Sam will ask me, "What do you want to do for your birthday?" and it will be about the 17th of Oct.(my b-day is the 20th). He is not the biggest birthday party or event planner. He always comes through, and is so great to me. But I know it is quite a stress to his life to do so.
So anyway, somehow, someway the thought came to me that "Hey, we own a boat now! and Hey, I love to go out on the lake! And I would love to take some of my closest friends out on it!" Great friends, and one of my favorite things to do, with my one and only true love along (he is the captain, and the driver of the boat! I am not comfy with this yet!!) What could be better than this???
So I told Sam immediately then, that is what I wanted to do for my birthday! We figured out the best date and planned from there!
To make a long story short -- it turned out to be a perfect day, weather wise. Wasn't too cold, in the low 90's. The water was cold but bearable! The company was superb!!! And the laughing was unstoppable!!! With a group like this, how could it go wrong?? And you know what?? NOthing did!! (except the bump on Fina's head from Rhea!! so sorry Fina!!!) She'll live though!!
So without further adieu, here are the pictures that are worth a thousand words!!!
P.S. Sorry the captions don't match up. I still have not figured out all the tricks to blogging. And lining up pics with their captions the way I want is one of them. So you'll just have to play the match up game!!! Or tell me how to do it!!!

8 comments:

aprilhoyt said...

It looks like a lot of fun! Happy Birthday tomorrow! I'm sitting here in the 50 degree weather thinking that that looks cold, but I have to remember where you live! haha, fun times...

Patty said...

Oooooweeee! We are HOT!

SHERI said...

Rhea-that does look like a fun time!- You have some great friends there- no wonder you were laughing the whole time! Have a great birthday tomorrow!

Rob Dog said...

HAPPY HAPPY Birthday!! Looks like a blast! Love the new back ground, and you said you couldn't blog! Nice job!

little ol' me said...

The pics turned out just great!!! I am still laughing about the entire day. Thanks again for the fun and company. By the way, when are you making more sugar cookies?

MK said...

Rhea - Hope you have a great birthday!

Knowing many of the participants in your little shin-dig it is easy to see that you would be laughing the whole time.

Happy Birthday!!!

who? said...

What a hoot! You really know how to party, don'tcha? I'm so jealous! Why didn't you get a boat when we were there? (sheesh) I hope you had a great birthday! I thought about you all day and was going to call you but figured you would be too busy celebrating (or recovering) to talk, so I took Jillene shopping in your honor and dedicated our purchases to you.

the "other" Shannon

Patty said...

Rhea, is "who?" Shannon O??? Does she have a blog? Hey Shannon, do you have a blog? Not a blah-g, but a real blog???