Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year!

My "baby boy"! 18 and all growed up!

Christmas Eve with lots of fam!


Yippee!!

matchy matchy!! Or twinsies!



Am I dreaming???? (more like snoozeville to me)



Oh my gosh!!



The "expert" Browns! Don't mess with them!



ahhhhhh, such a cute couple!


The next Charlie's angel???????

Ok, so the last time I posted was way too long ago. With everything going on with Ashley, and the passing of little Miles and even before that - oh my- I'm getting a panic attack just thinking about the past month plus!!
But I did not get to wish my baby boy, Taylor a very HAPPY 18th Birthday on Dec. 3rd. Also, my sister, Deena turned the big 5-0 on that same day. (It also happen to be the day that Miles died, so I was a bit distracted!!).
So that is my first set of missed posts. Also, Shannon O. another late happy b-day to you!! Love you, you know!!
Then after the funeral, and burial, there was only a week and a half left before Christmas. So with a lot of cutting out, and guiltily cancelling several traditions, including Christmas cards, little goodies/gifts delivered to good friends, neighbors and ward members, we proceeded to hurriedly get all our shopping and such done. So down to the last day, we finally finished (or just decided what we had, had to be enough!), we ended up with a wonderful Christmas with a lot of family on the Whatcott as well as the Dahl side!
On to the next event!!! After Christmas and family leaving for home and things kind of settling down, we decided we needed to get away for a couple of days, and accepted a generous offer to go up to Lakeside/Pinetop with Tricia and Rod Brown to their cabin for some much needed R and R for all of us!!
What a great time!!! Relaxing, fun, shopping for the gals(Tricia and me), skiing and snowboarding for the fellows ( Rod, Eric, Sam and Taylor), and cold and snow, shooting guns (me for the first time! Guns scare me!!) and more fun! We just got back tonight in time to ring in the new year!!! It's 10:30 pm and I'm blogging to celebrate it!! (What's wrong with that picture??)

And so, to all, I wish a Happy New Year!!

I have to say, that 2008 was one Bear of a year for the Dahl family. But I will write about that next time!! I even have the title for it. Been thinking about it for a few days. How 2008 has been one of my craziest years to date!!
Anyway, in order to enjoy the rest of 2008, I will make it short and sweet and just say, Happy New Year to all, and to all a good night!!!??!!!????!!
Be good ya' hear!!

2 comments:

The Sharp Shooter Express said...

Wow Rhea! Look at you holding that gun! You definitely look like the next Charlie's Angel!

The Sharp Shooter Express said...

oh, yeah, That comment was posted by your neighbor Monica! I forget that my "blogger" name is different!