Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Nov. 11th - 9th day of gratiutude

Ok, I have so blown it so I will just continue on like nothing happened. Which is exactly what happened for what, 9 days????

#9 - thrift stores (and in that same category and at a lesser degree, garage sales!)

I love thrift stores. Good Will, Savers, D.I. - you name it I will hit. But these three seem to be the ones I cruise! I can tell you what days are the deal days. For Good Will, Tuesdays are Senior citizen day - 25% off for S.C.'s. Used to be 50%, so was so worth dragging your grandma down with you to buy your treasures for you. (Of course, if you inherited your love of thrift stores from that senior citizen, as I did from my mother, all you have to do is say something to the effect, Yo, mom, Good will, you, me now!!" And she beats me out the door, handicap hanger in hand!! Oh, yea, up close and personal!!).
Thursdays!! OH my THURSDAYS!!! Good Will's deal!! The color tag of the week - $1.00!!!! Oh, and the week of the week!!! (items are marked by the week somehow!). Then there is the every other Saturday, everything in the store is 50% off! Oh, and every day a particular color tag is 50% that day! It's the store that just keeps on giving!!!
Of course, DI's everyday prices are better than Goodwill's, especially books (which as you know I love!). But for the most up to date styles, Savers really is the best bet!!!

So there. I have outed myself!!! I, R.D., am a thrift store addict!! I love the thrill of the hunt!! The treasure hunt!!! It's pretty amazing and fun to see all the "stuff" you can get there. Yes, 90% may be junk! But that 10% is the draw!! Oh me oh my! And the draw it is!!!
There. I feel all tingly inside for admitting it!! It feels so good not to have to hide it anymore!!

No comments: