Thursday, November 19, 2009

Nov. 18th - #16 day of gratitude

#16 day of Gratitude-
I am grateful for good teeth. I have been blessed with good genes when it comes to teeth. So far. I never went to the dentist growing up. Literally, the first time I went was when I was 19 years old. My parents grew up during the depression. And so the mantra, "If it ain't broken, why fix it?" was something they lived by. I never had a tooth ache or cavity or problem with my teeth. So the summer I was 19, right before heading up to BYU, I could see a little black line in one of my teeth, so it was determined I should check it out. So days before leaving, I went to the dentist. Had 8 small cavities. He filled them all at once--seeing as I was leaving for BYU too soon to come back. And I have had no others since. I hope this good luck continues. Oh, also, I never needed to wear braces. Which is good for me, because even if I would've needed to, I doubt that would have been an option for me!! Lucky me!!!

2 comments:

aprilhoyt said...

WHAT!?!?! Why couldn't I have gotten that gene??? not fair

Heather said...

i at least got the... no braces gene...! wohoo!